Senior Citizen’s Gambling Addiction On The Rise
In recent months there has been a significant increase in the number of older people who have embraced gambling as a new form of entertainment. Through this exposure, a higher percentage than expected have become addicted to gambling.
Local gambling establishments are to blame for the sudden increase in older people with a compulsive gambling addiction.
Gambling establishments have created various incentive programs and innovative publicity stunts to lure you into a dark world. The end result is an older adult with a self-destructive behavior pattern and low self-esteem.
In the last week alone I have received numerous emails from seniors who lost all their financial resources due to their compulsive gambling addiction. They don’t know how this happened to them and now they are ashamed of their behavior. Most of these older people have not yet told their children or friends about their gambling problem.
One of the emails expressed concern that gambling establishments were victimizing retirees with the following incentives:
- Tired of staying at home with nothing to do, come visit us and we will make you feel at home.
- Free live entertainment awaits you.
- Buffets and exotic restaurants
- Making new friends
- Not only will we pay for transportation with coupon vouchers, we will also offer free lunch at our buffet. You will have a full day of entertainment and we will also feed you.
- You can earn points as you play, which you can spend at one of our many exclusive gift shops.
- Bring the enclosed encrypted scrambling card to scan and see if you are the grand prize winner. Remember that there are other prizes that you can also win with this encoded card. All you need to do is swipe it. The encoded card is valid for the month of May.
- Earn enough points and you can stay for free in one of our luxurious VIP hotel rooms.
- ATMs, cash advances and line of credit available.
- If you need anything while visiting us, ask for one of our many hosts. We have hosts available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to make your visit more enjoyable.
We live in a new world in which the game plays an important role. It’s time for people to take control and educate themselves.
Alternative programs are available for seniors. Once you know that you or someone you know has a gambling problem, it is imperative to get help before you lose all your assets and sanity.
Mr. Howard Keith has extensive experience dealing with compulsive gamblers, family and friends of gamblers and teenage gamblers. Mr. Keith believes that there are many alternatives to aid in recovery from a gambling addiction versus a twelve-step program. A large percentage of his emails UFABET were from compulsive gamblers seeking an alternative to Gamblers Anonymous and twelve-step programs. Gamblers Anonymous also helps a significant number of people each year, but there is a large percentage that they cannot reach.